God in the Machine

Literally "God in the machine", Deus Ex Machina originally referred to Greek plays, where the "gods" would be lowered onto the stage with ropes in order to provide a quick resolution to the story. Today, Deus Ex Machina refers to any improbably and/or overly convenient character or mechanism that comes out of nowhere and saves the character(s).

Name:

"I don't get it, Big Dan..." -George Clooney in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I remember being called "four eyes"

But "four ears" is much worse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Honestly, where do you come up with all these stories, Dan? Are you on every Odd News mailing list out there?

I particularly liked the one about the entire family being locked up. One of the best things I've ever read: "Her husband Hal Champion, 47, then arrived from church, was shot with a deputy's Taser and taken into custody on similar charges."

Anyway, now that I'm back from my road trip, a belated congratulations on your Iron Blog win. I haven't read the entire debate, but I will as soon as I have the time.

11:10 PM  
Blogger The Blah Brain said...

I found a site while searching google and the site gives you previews of I found previews for the NEW - NEXT Harry Potter book 8, the book AFTER the half blood prince, it's insane... i have no idea how they got the previews maybe they know J.K. Rowling..
www.HarryPotter-Fan.com

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home