God in the Machine

Literally "God in the machine", Deus Ex Machina originally referred to Greek plays, where the "gods" would be lowered onto the stage with ropes in order to provide a quick resolution to the story. Today, Deus Ex Machina refers to any improbably and/or overly convenient character or mechanism that comes out of nowhere and saves the character(s).

Name:

"I don't get it, Big Dan..." -George Clooney in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Fear and Trembling

So far, my Iron Blog experience has been a good one. This is mostly because Rose hasn't had a chance to tear into anything I've said yet.

That all changes sometime today when my exceedingly talented opponent posts her first rebuttal.

Yes, I think the term "fear and trembling" fits.

3 Comments:

Blogger Iron Blogger Republican said...

Well, I've put up my first rebuttal. On the plus side, everyone seems more interested in tearin me up than they do ripping you. :-)

Rose

9:51 PM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

I noticed that too, Rose. It's probably because they know you can handle it better than I can.

I'm a whiner AND a cryer.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Iron Blogger Republican said...

Hah!

I'm so sensitive - I just figured that they all hate me. I've been devising my evil revenge, uh, not revenge...retribution. ;-)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home