God in the Machine

Literally "God in the machine", Deus Ex Machina originally referred to Greek plays, where the "gods" would be lowered onto the stage with ropes in order to provide a quick resolution to the story. Today, Deus Ex Machina refers to any improbably and/or overly convenient character or mechanism that comes out of nowhere and saves the character(s).

Name:

"I don't get it, Big Dan..." -George Clooney in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Why Am I Here?

Well, because this is as fair a place as any to keep the discussions going while school's out over the summer (and for some of us, not me but some of us, the rest of our lives - I could not be more jealous of graduates). Exams are still cooling, and I already miss almost all of you (mutters something that sounds like Dirk Raker and Eric Ravis).

So we'll pick topics - theology, politics, cooking, whatever - and argu.. er, discuss. Fun in theory anyway.

Additionally, if you have any particularly juicy links/discussion ideas/well-written papers, feel free to send them along and see them up in lights.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I'm probably going to put links on one of my own 4 blogs, but I'll still read. :)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home