God in the Machine

Literally "God in the machine", Deus Ex Machina originally referred to Greek plays, where the "gods" would be lowered onto the stage with ropes in order to provide a quick resolution to the story. Today, Deus Ex Machina refers to any improbably and/or overly convenient character or mechanism that comes out of nowhere and saves the character(s).

Name:

"I don't get it, Big Dan..." -George Clooney in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Finally, a heated, passionate argument that MEANS something.

Well, not really, but Rosemary has a thread cooking about Fantasia, the American Idol winner, in which I and hopefully others SHOCKINGLY EXPOSE the true agenda behind, erm, well, I just realized I still don't care...

Good thread, though, Rose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iron Blogger Republican said...

I blame Simon and the rest for La Toya getting bumped. The other crap that happened, I can't remember the girl's name, well ya know I guess the judges forgot that young girls like geeky boys that sing. They also forgot that "girl whose name I forgot" sucked for like three or four weeks straight. If you suck you can't build a fan base and that's why "girl whose name I forgot" got kicked off before. It was no controversy AND getting berated by Ryan Seacrest pissed me off.

Rose

8:53 AM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

I'm starting to think I should have some knowledge of the subject BEFORE I form an opinion. Novel approach, eh?

I defer to you, Rosemary, based on the fact that my exposure to American Idol in the last three seasons combined has been MAYBE 4 hours altogether. Not to mention that those hours were spent under duress by order of my wife, who earned it after 7 seasons of Buffy.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home