God in the Machine

Literally "God in the machine", Deus Ex Machina originally referred to Greek plays, where the "gods" would be lowered onto the stage with ropes in order to provide a quick resolution to the story. Today, Deus Ex Machina refers to any improbably and/or overly convenient character or mechanism that comes out of nowhere and saves the character(s).

Name:

"I don't get it, Big Dan..." -George Clooney in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Finally, the breakthrough in urinal communications technology we've all been waiting for.

Here it is. Aim your browser straight ahead, please.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

This reminds me of my occasional trips to Boston's Pizza to drink 32 oz. glasses of Fat Tire beer. (mmmm . . .)

Anyway, they have those pads in the urinals there, of course. However, on those pads are a black rectangle that, when you pee on it, it clears away the black to reveal a blue background with white print on it that says "Hello". The other says, if I remember correctly, "Have a Nice Day". Or something like that.

Anyway, my point is that I am infinitely amused by this when half buzzed on good beer. I also quite enjoy the automatic paper dispenser. Boston's Pizza has the best bathrooms ever.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home